Business Development Manager San Francisco
Share this role
- Role: Business Development Manager
- Location: San Francisco
- Reference: CBB714CE75
How to apply
Feel like this job is for you?
Don't hesitate to get in touch. We can only consider applications with valid working documentation.
No agencies or recruiters please.
The objective of the Business Development team is to deliver defined growth objectives across the Moving Brands studios. Implicit within this objective is the creation of a Purposeful Portfolio.
Every MB client Partner needs to align with our shared values – including DE&I, climate & biodiversity, impact & value, creativity & innovation, and collaboration & team work. We work with clients which challenge norms in their markets and are looking for step change driven through excellence brand design & experience.
As a Business Development Manager you’ll take the lead and be the ‘front’ of the company, usually the first MB person for a new client to meet. Whilst thinking on your feet in those initial communications, you’ll also need to apply an effective sales strategy that suits your personal style and approach which aligns with the new business team and MB values.
We look for Business Development Managers that have strong business acumen coupled with a confident negotiating mindset and excellent communication and problem-solving skills to compete on deal making.You will forge strong relationships with clients that lead to business development opportunities. You will qualify leads, and facilitate timely production of proposals, scopes and plans.
You’ll need to be proactive in understanding market trends, capable of picking up and synthesising information quickly and happy to share your knowledge with the rest of the business.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager in San Francisco but are open to New York and LA locations
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Moving Brands and our offerings to qualify and convert business opportunities
- Take a lead in business development efforts for our US locations
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Promote the Moving Brands’ offer and services to prospective clients
- Lead initial meetings with prospective clients to understand their needs and gather inputs to qualify the opportunity
- Work closely with business development team members to qualify opportunities and develop pursuit approaches
- Manage the end to end business development process, including writing scopes and approaches and contractual negotiation
- Document and share our understanding of prospective client needs and requirements
- Prepare all documentation required for requests for proposals (RFPs), scopes of work and approaches, gathering relevant input from MB content experts
- Manage the business development pipeline for incoming enquiries, updating the sales tracker and forecast tracker
- Conduct research into prospective clients and markets, producing points of views and dossiers
- Identify, produce and share relevant credentials with prospective clients
- Work closely with delivery teams to ensure smooth transition from business development to delivery
- Mentor and line manage junior business development team members
What we look for
- 5-6 years business development experience within the creative industry
- Proven business development, sales, or marketing experience, with strong business acumen
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Results-orientation, determination, tenacity and bias for action
- Ability to prioritize and contribute to multiple initiatives at any given time
- Teamwork and collaboration-oriented
- International business experience and outlook
Our studios are social, collaborative and lively spaces. We welcome original thinkers with strong points of view, and offer opportunity to contribute to across projects, clients, and our platforms.
We offer a competitive package to all MB’ers, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as professional development with internal and external training.