Designer for Labs London
Share this role
- Role: Designer for Labs
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Reference: 956844331D
How to apply
Feel like this job is for you?
Don't hesitate to get in touch. We can only consider applications with valid working documentation.
No agencies or recruiters please.
As a part of our team, you will work with LABS at Moving Brands. We are imaginative thinkers and doers passionate about creating work focusing on accessibility, sustainability, and education. We concentrate on researching, prototyping, and designing the next-generation product and brand experiences. We work collaboratively, iteratively, and aim to stretch the boundaries of the possible.
You’ll be responsible for designing concepts, artwork, and prototypes. You’ll communicate ideas to clients and colleagues in a variety of different media. You’ll work in a close-knit team to create high-quality apps for a variety of XR devices and platforms.
You are passionate about R&D for emerging forms of computing in XR and excited by the opportunity to contribute to the evolution of immersive technology. You’ll have a tremendous opportunity to shape your role and the team around you. In particular, you will be comfortable with ambiguity and be excited to make your mark in a fast-changing field.
- Partner with clients to understand and map out opportunities for exploration
- Work on a mix of 3D, motion, and interaction design – for established, emerging, and speculative devices and contexts.
- Contribute to Moving Brands internal research & development into new products, tools, and ideas
- Have a learning mindset, sharing skills, and mentoring those around you
What we look for
- You might already have experience working in XR, or you might be interested in making a move from established digital product design.
- Experience in digital product and interaction design, particularly for novel devices and for 3D spaces, products, and interfaces
- An interest in moving between disciplines, remixing ideas and appropriate techniques into new contexts
- A background in design (graphic, interaction, product, game, or industrial design) or computing such as front-end development, HCI, or graphics
We are social, collaborative and supportive. We welcome original thinkers with strong points of view, and offer opportunity to contribute to across projects, clients, and our platforms.
We offer a competitive package to all MB’ers, including but not limited to private medical insurance and pension, as well as professional development with internal and external training.