Interaction & UX Director London
Share this role
- Role: Interaction & UX Director
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Reference: 9FAE8B9970
How to apply
Feel like this job is for you?
Don't hesitate to get in touch. We can only consider applications with valid working documentation.
No agencies or recruiters please.
The Interaction & UX Director is responsible for leading multidisciplinary teams including UX designers, visual designers, creative technologists and external developers to concept, design, prototype and implement digital products and services. The role combines elements of user experience, visual design and leading creative teams, working across multiple clients on a variety of exciting projects and products.
You will be comfortable leading digital design processes from research, UX strategy, data, content, wireframing, prototyping, testing to UI design, design systems and component libraries using the latest collaborative tools. With the team you will take user needs and translate brand strategy into UX and UI designs that deliver impact. Working across platforms and devices from desktops to mobile and new forms of interaction such as AR/MR/VR as well as understanding the landscape and impact of AI, privacy and web3.0. You will know and apply UX best practice for engagement and accessibility, aware of emerging trends and how to innovate brand led customer experiences in the context of current technologies. You have an adaptive set of skills, work lean, enjoy bringing structure to ambiguity and taking clients on a journey to deliver life-centred design that meets real needs.
As Interaction Director you shape the creative output. Being the creative voice end to end. Accountable for creative excellence and commercial success. You would be working with a talented design team that strives to bring brands and experiences to life using a multifaceted digital approach in exploring new interactions for emerging technologies.
- Leading complex, large scale programmes across digital, product and service
- Pushing the scope & excellence of the creative work
- Presenting creative work - inspire & excite clients
- Directing and leading a multi-disciplinary teams across MB offer - including designers, animators, creative technologists, copywriters
- Building trust and relationship with clients in partnership with core team
- Shaping the creative work, facilitating creative exploration, concepting, and giving space to the team to explore
- Supporting the team to define creative concepts
- Facilitating crits, creative reviews, brainstorm sessions, reviewing creative work and giving clear feedback & direction
- Interpreting client feedback, breaking down objectives and briefing/delegating tasks
- Storyboarding, writing and delivering creative presentations
- Ensuring work is delivered accurately and efficiently, with fluency, rigor and accuracy in production
- Proactively seeking and highlighting opportunities for additional workstreams
- Contribute to strategic direction
- Planning and designing workshops with the core team and facilitating client workshops
- Reading the room and adjusting accordingly in real-time
- Contributing to business development efforts, including chemistry meets, input to creds, decks, POV and approaches
- Inputting to Marketing to ensure project case studies and social assets are accurate, timely and to a high standard
- Contributing to PR and marketing efforts with thought leadership and content focussed on industry and cultural topics
- Representing MB in industry - events, talks, judging, press, teaching
- Defining approach to projects & programmes with core team
- With core team, tracking budget throughout lifetime of project to ensure project remains profitable
- Accountable, together with core team, for project delivery within budget and in scope
- Giving constructive feedback, listening to the team and hearing feedback
- Representing & sharing feedback to the business - including progression, behaviours, success
- Actively seeking opportunities for progression in the team
- Motivating, driving, and encouraging the team
What we look for
- Depth of experience in startup product design, native applications, responsive web, marketing and ecommerce
- Solid knowledge of user experience design processes, methodology, design systems and digital technology
- Confidence and ease working with clients, including facilitating workshops, conducting interviews, and presenting concepts and designs
- Ability to understand and lead large scale, interconnected projects that span many design disciplines
- Experience working across the full process of designing digital products: from research through concepting, design, prototyping, and development
- Ability to plan and manage projects across core UX responsibilities, user research, translating insights into value
- Strategic consideration of UX for products, services and platforms across audiences and devices
- Confidently grasp and process a multitude of business requirements across sectors and industries
- Dedication to the creative excellence of a team and innovation
- Strong design thinking, problem solving approach and original conceptual creativity
- Always considering design for accessibility and diversity with inclusive experiences
- Up to date on all digital UX tools, frameworks with ability to share and mentor others
- Technical development understanding of software, systems and process
- Ability to lead and collaborate with designers and developers to realise and iterate concepts
- An aptitude to learn from others as well as willingness to bring them on a journey in your own specialism
Our studios are social, collaborative and lively spaces. They’re great places to work. We welcome original thinkers with strong points of view and we offer platforms and opportunities for contributing to articles, white papers and R&D exploration.
We offer a competitive package to all MB’ers, including but not limited to pension, private medical, as well as professional development with internal and external training.
Moving Brands offers hybrid and flexible working options for all team members