Programme Director London
Share this role
- Role: Programme Director
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Reference: 596A06EACC
How to apply
Feel like this job is for you?
Don't hesitate to get in touch. We can only consider applications with valid working documentation.
No agencies or recruiters please.
As a Programme Director you’ll be responsible for managing and successful delivery of large, impactful and complex client projects across our offer. You will have day to day oversight of the Project Management function, acting as a mentor and line manager to the Project Management team members in London. You will report directly to the Chief Operations Officer based in Europe, with a dotted line to the US/Europe Managing Director.
Within projects and programmes of work, you will concept, plan, measure and manage diligently to time and to budget, but also to the quality that we are known for. You will facilitate the multi-discipline team to deliver the creative excellence that we hold at the core of who we are as a company. You will work in close collaboration with our Creative Leads and Strategy Leads to manage and grow client relationships, providing structure, support, experience and insight into the working relationship.
For this role we expect you to be comfortable with ambiguity, have excellent attention to detail, be able to facilitate the creative process, and manage multiple work streams in a client facing position with ease.
- Manage and drive the impactful delivery of large, complex client projects across Moving Brands’ offer
- Day to day oversight of the Project Management function you’ll organise teams, balancing the needs of the work with those of the individuals on the project
- Inspire confidence in client stakeholders articulating the strategic challenges they face and fully understanding their client world
- Proactively seeking out and initiating opportunities where your clients can make real and lasting change in their organisations and the world, which will extend revenue opportunities for MB
- Intimately involved in the strategic content of your team’s work and an arbiter of quality with the highest standards
- Comfortable at developing senior client relationships, managing C-Suite Stakeholders as well other less senior business leaders within the client organisation
- Comfortable in managing both up and down with the larger MB team of creatives and strategists
- Support and mentor Project Managers/Senior Project Managers and Partner with the CPO to set out a clear plan for their career and personal development
- Actively conceive and drive initiatives for, and with, the Project Management community
- Confidently and proactively manage client relations across different locations
- Confidence and ease with writing statements of work, project plans, creating budgets and timing plans
- Able to communicate clearly with all partners and team members
- Drive and manage medium to large, complex programmes of work from pitch/brief to delivery
- Role model for members of the Project Management community as well as Moving Brands
Specific Programme Management expectations
- You will have extensive experience in a Project Management career with more recent experience of leading teams of at least six people, covering multi-skilled delivery channels, including strategy and/or consulting, creative, client or technology background
- Managed £2m+ accounts with a rich portfolio of B2B, B2C and digital clients
- Expertise in a sector or marketing discipline such as brand design, organisational change and/or EVP: innovation, digital, or technology, is desirable but not an essential requirement.
- Experience working with global team and in other geographies or markets, and fluency in a second language are also desirable
- Ability to positively influence all disciplines within a team (strategy, design, technology)
- Conviction, authority and a clarity of thought
- Experience in managing complex, multi-stakeholder accounts across sectors, with a nuanced understanding of how to work with and in non-British cultures
- An ability to build strong relationships across a business – internally and externally – at all levels
- A curiosity about the world around you, constantly seeking connections across accounts, business, trends, and the wider world to find new and innovative ways of working
What we look for
- Have a strong understanding of creative, and point of view on how it is changing
- Be great a planner who constantly thinks ahead about the needs of the team, the account and the client – able to prioritise, delegate and empower
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset, constantly looking for commercial opportunities
- Be comfortable taking a leadership role, providing insight, encouragement and constructive direction to clients and colleagues
- An intuitive collaborator – finding common ground, driving forward an agenda, and building relationships internally and externally
- Inspiring, empowering, assertive
- Energetic, positive, open, diplomatic, smart
- Committed to creative excellence and the highest standards
- Strong, inclusive leadership
- Problem-solving, with the judgement, experience and decisiveness to make things happen
- Open-minded and flexible, constantly looking for new ways to make stuff happen and make work better
- Intuitively nurturing a positive team ethos
- Always hungry to learn and ready to share
- Naturally commercially minded, contributing to the smooth running of the company dynamic
What we offer.
Our studios are social, collaborative and lively spaces. They’re great places to work.
We welcome original thinkers with strong points of view and we offer platforms and opportunities for contributing to articles, white papers and R&D exploration.
We offer a competitive package to all MB’ers, including but not limited to pension, private medical, as well as professional development with internal and external training.
If you’re interested in the opportunity as described and think you have the right experience and character for Moving Brands, please send a cover letter and your CV.
We can only consider your application if you’re eligible to work in the UK.