Senior Resource Manager London
Share this role
- Role: Senior Resource Manager
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Reference: E4E8E14C66
How to apply
Feel like this job is for you?
Don't hesitate to get in touch. We can only consider applications with valid working documentation.
No agencies or recruiters please.
As Senior Resource Manager you will drive operational effectiveness and utilisation by ensuring our teams are shaped to meet current and forecasted project needs. The role exists to ensure all studios globally are resourced effectively with creative excellence at the forefront of everything our business does.
As Senior Resource Manager you will be responsible for managing and overseeing the coordination of internal resources and external freelance recruitment. You will work closely with the Resource Managers and as part of the wider People team. You will be an integral part of the team, working with all functions of the business including project delivery teams, Business Development team, Marketing team and will report directly to the Chief People Officer.
You’ll be comfortable with ambiguity, highly organised and have excellent attention to detail. You will be people focused and able to create relationships quickly across all levels of the team.
- Develop and drive operational effectiveness of our resourcing processes and workflow
- Actively manage and inform resource forecasts, project staffing needs and team allocations
- Manage and optimise resource and utilisation, ensuring a balanced mix of permanent, freelancer and outsourced resources
- Support the Resource Managers in collaborating with project lead and Business Development to maintain a forecast of resource requirements
- Ensure that Resource Managers are identifying in advance where demand cannot be met internally, and work closely to create strategically matched teams against forecasted requirements
- Recommend solutions for providing adequate resource during ebbs and flows in demand and maintaining productivity
- Develop and manage resource reports and metrics with the CPO and CFO that will support the business
- Ensure that the use of external resources is appropriate and managed across the business - manage approval process of bringing external resources into the business
- Planning and scheduling day to day resource booking requirements and managing the resource workflow
- Managing long-term project scheduling of global creative teams working closely with Project Managers, Creative Leads and Strategy Leads
- Leading the weekly resourcing meeting, ensuring all client-facing and internal projects have been allocated appropriate teams in line with capacity and client needs
- Daily communication with Resource Managers, Project Managers and delivery teams
- Ensuring the resource management tool is updated in line with operational processes
- Oversight of sourcing and providing freelancer/contractor cost estimates and managing expectations on availability and skill-sets
- Managing the freelance and contractor recruitment process, including brief writing, candidate interviews and fee negotiations, drafting contracts and onboarding
- Facilitating a friendly, trusting, effective and collaborative working relationship with any external recruiters and candidates
- Supporting the Chief People Officer and management team in aligning the talent of the studio on the jobs that will best fit in with their skills and career aspirations wherever possible
- Developing and updating processes to encourage efficiencies, productivity and best practice
- Nurturing a positive and collaborative working environment
What we look for
- Knowledge and experience of managing creative workflow processes
- Be great a planner who constantly thinks ahead – able to prioritise, delegate and empower
- An intuitive collaborator – finding common ground, driving forward an agenda, and building relationships internally and externally
- Committed to creative excellence and the highest standards
- Clear and concise communicator
- Highly organised and calm under pressure
- Flexible and proactive problem solver
- Proactively shares resource information and insights
- Commercial understanding and sensitive to the profitability of project work
Our studios are social, collaborative and lively spaces. They’re great places to work.
We welcome original thinkers with strong points of view and we offer platforms and opportunities for contributing to articles, white papers and R&D exploration.
We offer a competitive package to all MB’ers, including but not limited to pension, private medical, as well as professional development with internal and external training.
If you’re interested in the opportunity as described and think you have the right experience and character for Moving Brands, please send a cover letter and your CV.
We can only consider your application if you’re eligible to work in the UK.