Web Developer & Prototyper United States
Share this role
- Role: Web Developer & Prototyper
- Location: United States
- Reference: 4604867739
How to apply
Feel like this job is for you?
Don't hesitate to get in touch. We can only consider applications with valid working documentation.
No agencies or recruiters please.
As a part of our team, you will work with Labs at Moving Brands. We are imaginative thinkers and doers passionate about creating work focusing on accessibility, sustainability, and education. We concentrate on researching, prototyping, and designing the next-generation product and brand experiences. We work collaboratively, iteratively, and aim to stretch the boundaries of the possible.
You’ll be responsible for building concepts, art, and prototypes into functional, reliable and high-quality web products, and a variety of different XR devices and platforms.
You are passionate about R&D for emerging forms of computing in XR and excited by the opportunity to contribute to the evolution of immersive technology. You’ll have a tremendous opportunity to shape your role and the team around you. In particular, you will be comfortable with ambiguity and be excited to make your mark in a fast-changing field.
You will have diverse technical skills and ideally an interest in emerging fields such as 3D interaction, VR/XR development, HCI research, or graphics programming.
- Develop high-quality proof-of-concept prototypes and production XR products using the relevant latest languages, tools, and methodologies.
- Work with autonomy in a close-knit, ambitious team.
- Be communicative and open and, where appropriate, share learning and knowledge with other team members in different disciplines
- Evolve and maintain our internal standards for code, documentation, and product organisation
- Collaborate with designers and clients on delivering the best UI/UX product quality both in prototypes, demonstrator projects, and production apps
- Design and deliver scalable, appropriate technical solutions for our projects, evaluating proposals against time and budget constraints
- Work closely at each stage of the process:
- Initial prototyping to explore mechanics and design ideas
- Working with designers to understand and evaluate feasibility through planning, prototyping, and teamwork
- Working to create high-performance products within an experimental, research-led process
- Writing clear, readable code with appropriate documentation
- Contributing to testing plan and QA
- Collaborate with clients and third parties for guidance, delivery, and future project evolution
What we look for
- 3+ years working in a software development team
- An interest in understanding and shaping the emerging technologies and conventions of XR
- Experience with creative technology for the web, for example WebGL/GLSL, Canvas, SVG, D3.js, p5.js or three.js
- Experience in novel UI, animation, particularly in 3D
- Keen advocate of accessibility
- Version control with Git
- Experience in shipping games or apps
- Interest in creative technology (generative design, machine learning, data visualisation)
Our studios are social, collaborative and lively spaces. We welcome original thinkers with strong points of view, and offer opportunity to contribute to across projects, clients, and our platforms.
We offer a competitive package to all MB’ers, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as professional development with internal and external training.